Release date: 12/20/2018 10pm PST.
This month we were focused on agent efficiency, security, and making Relay a bit more flexible. We launched Canned Responses which lets agents quickly send pre-made messages to save time typing and we integrated Agent-Assist bots in the private chat rooms to quickly deliver answers to agents when needed.
As always we continued to fix bugs and enhance our existing features to make the experience more enjoyable.
You can read the full release notes below.
We added Canned Responses functionality to Issues in Relay.
Now when you are having a conversation with a customer, you can select from a list of pre-made response templates to populate the composer with the text to reduce the amount of time it takes to type each response.
Canned responses can be added or edited by any Admin on your team.
In addition to providing automated answers directly to customers, we are focused on reduce time to resolution by helping agents quickly find the information needed to solve an issue.
The Agent-Assist Bot is a new bot type that will live in the Issue Private Chat and will help agents find relevant information to help the customer quickly.
Today, an agent can ask questions and the bot will quickly search through all available knowledge in Relay and present direct answers and knowledge base articles that help resolve an issue. As the bot responds with suggested answers, the agent can continue to type to narrow down results until the desired answer is found. At any point, the agent can start a fresh search.
In future updates, the Agent-Assist bot will provide more proactive suggestions and recommendations for what an agent should do next.
We made several improvements and updates in this sprint to our network and technology monitoring device, Sense.
- Users can select what happens when a device goes into a certain status (for example, create an Issue when a Critical device goes offline, vs send an alert for a non-critical device)
- We changed how unmonitored devices are shown, so they are no longer always red
- Added functionality to auto-promote certain devices to “monitored” after training
- Moved the check results to the checks grid in technology -> checks -> scan type
- Added a “filter devices” button to the devices grid which by default only shows the user monitored devices to reduce noise
- Updated colors for technology statuses to the following:
- Green: Device is monitored or business critical and is in “OK” status
- Yellow: Device is monitored or business critical and is in “Warning” status
- Red: Device is monitored or business critical and is in “Critical” status
- Orange: Device is in “Pending” or “Unknown” status during training
- Gray: Device is unmonitored
Org Level Inbox Customization
In an effort to increase flexibility and reduce the number of unneeded fields shown to teams, we added the ability to add and hide specific fields from Issue cards in the Smart Inbox.
Issue cards are currently customized by Source to show the most relevant fields (so, for example, you only see the SMS number on an SMS issue). With this release, you have the ability to hide fields that you don’t need to show additional fields based on a pre-defined list.
Customers and agents can sometimes share sensitive information that should not be saved (e.g. credit card number, social security number, etc.)
We have made it easy to redact confidential information through Relay. Teams can specify formats of numbers that get flagged and can be redacted (e.g. a social security number ###-##-####).
There are 3 methods of redaction currently available:
Manual Redaction: When using manual redaction, any message that is submitted that matches one of the pre-configured number formats will appear with a button in chat, enabling the user to manually choose to censor potentially sensitive information. When you click the Redact button, it will high the underlying data.
Automatic Redaction: When a message that contains sensitive content is sent, it will initially appear uncensored. When an agent or customer leaves the chat and returns, it will show as redacted when they return. This allows agents to get the information they need and then have it automatically get redacted before it gets saved.
Automatic Real Time Redaction: Finally, automatic real time redaction works similarly to standard automatic redaction, but instead, immediately redacts the information as soon as it’s received.
Password and Security Policy Hardening
We launched a new configuration option for setting security policies for your organization.
You can keep your organization on our standard security policy or you can require your users to adhere to a PCI compliant policy.
This policy includes the following security standards:
- Passwords require alphabets, numbers, special characters or combinations.
- Password expiration every 90 days
- Can’t repeat last 12 passwords
- Relay will lock you out after 3 incorrect login attempts
- Relay will automatically log users out after 15 mins of inactivity
- Relay will automatically log users out after 24 hours regardless of inactivity
New Automation Reporting for Bots
In an effort to surface more insights from bot interactions with customers, we updated a number of a bot reporting and analytics tools. These updates include:
Bot performance grids now provide more insights about knowledge gaps by identifying where customers are asking questions and the bot doesn’t have an answer.
We capture and surface session length when the customer is interacting with the bots so you can better understand how deep your bot conversations are going before the customer leaves or requests an agent to join.
Finally, we updated the bot resolution reporting so we can identify automation along a continuum:
- Agent – the customer chatted in and went straight to an agent
- Routed – the customer got intelligently routed to a specific team queue based on the conversation
- Semi-Automated – the bot delivered an answer to a customer and the customer then left the chat without speaking to an agent
- Fully-Automated – the bot delivered an answer to a customer and the customer acknowledged that it was the correct answer and ended the chat
Inbound Email Functionality for Resolved & Closed Issues
We made a number of enhancements to our email functionality for resolved and closed issues:
When a Customer replies to an email on a Resolved or Closed Issue when the chat window is still open (it remains open for 2 weeks after is issue is Resovled), we now automatically reopen that Issue and change the status back to Remote so it goes back into that agent’s ‘Mine’ queue. The agent will see an activity flag on the Issue.
When a Customer replies to an email on a Resolved or Closed Issue when the chat window is closed, we now create a new Issue and assign that Issue to the Owner Team from the Previously Closed Issue (based on the Ref ID). It will appear in the queue for that Team.
Additional Relay Improvements & Bug Fixes
As always, we want to make sure Relay is easy and enjoyable to use. We are always updating minor workflows, fixing updates, and making small changes to optimize the experience. Below are the updates we made this sprint. If you have any updates you would like to see, please email us at email@example.com.
- Updated Relay to make it more usable while taking a video call. You can now move the video modal and continue to work on any background screens
- Added the source URL to webconnect created issues so you can see where your customers are chatting from
- Added organization level limits on the number of Issues that agents can simultaneously have open and be working. Once the limit is reached, no new Issues will be announced to the agent
- Added a new ringer to the video call notification in the chat rooms so they are easily differentiated from other chat notifications
- Added updates and fixes to cross-channel compatibility for messages via email and SMS
- Added Tech rating and NPS score to the Technician User Profile so the ratings can be tracked on per User basis as well as the Technician profile level
- Updated the delete icon on the Issues -> Files to be same as the delete icon on other objects
- Updated the title of “Issue Add” to “Add Issue”
- Updated the color of the chat bubble for your own messages in Relay to grey to differentiate them from messages of other users
- Fixed an issue on keywords shortcut button so the user can click enter to select the keyword (Ctrl + Shift + L)
- Added Japanese support to the Technology dictionary
- Fixed an issue where checklists saved on issues were not displayed on issue log and updated the checklist ID to the checklist name
- Fixed an issue where the users were unable to send email after using drop down to email in chat leaving TO as default user
- Fixed an issue where Partner Group Admin were not able to Assign OBJECT or TEAMS to Customer Acceptance Survey they created
- Fixed an issue where Location team pick list did not include all teams the user had access to
- Fixed and issue in chat-rooms where: “@NAME” mentions were no longer differentiated from text and were not clickable
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to add log note from “Issue > List” Card view using the add log icon
- Fixed an issue where “Alerts & Notifications” opens blank from Teams profile
- Fixed an issue where scheduler pages were missing Authorize disclaimer next to checkbox
- Fixed an issue where Issue > Task View fails to reload first column when switching between task views
- Fixed an issue where cloning a Bot with a search term present in “bots” gives error
- Fixed an issue where Issues > Add: Owner User does not populate automatically
- Fixed an issue where “Create Chat-Room” and “Invite Team” did not invoke function
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to add “Text Color” or “Text Background Color” from WYSIWYG on issues
- Fixed an issue where reopening a work-order causes billing details to be lost
- Fixed an issue where in notification logs: Issue Survey and Issue Resolution Transcript are cut off
- Fixed an issue where NPS rating of zero never gets posted
- Fixed an issue where the users were unable to edit an existing device type and save in Customers > Locations > Edit > Technology
- Fixed an issue where partner users were unable to add “Team Associations” on location creation
- Fixed an issue where survey checklist using Slider field type did not display slider to some customers
- Fixed an issue where Emails sent from WebConnect Source issues in Relay displayed HTML in WebConnect
- Fixed an issue where emails sent from Public Chat on SMS source issues sends to the customers SMS Messages
- Fixed an issue where Relay schedulers were not retaining “Mobile Phone” field on calendar event creation
- Added functionality to retain filter settings on Issues > List after editing and closing/saving an issue
- Added functionality so the Relay User is returned to last screen they were on after exiting from any screen
- Added “Preparing” as a status to filter to Issues -> List