Don’t just manage your contact center, invigorate it. It’s time to rethink how we support businesses. Using modern technology you can leverage machine learning and conversational automation to provide faster and smarter decisions for more efficient agents and a better support experience.
Define which communication channels you want to offer and let your customers choose how they want to work with you, including chat for quick questions (the preferred method of support today) and video chat to get eyes on the issue and more quickly resolve complex issues.
1) Set your availability in Relay to adjust your priority for incoming issues whether they’re coming via chat or phone.
- A red dot indicates you’re unavailable and a green dot indicates available.
1) Click the Issues Inbox button in the Messaging Panel to access the Issue Queues.
2) You can easily toggle between different issue toggle to make sure an issue is never missed.
- Unclaimed – Shows all issues in which your team is the Issue Owner Team but there is no Issue Owner assigned.
- Mine – Shows all issues in which you’re assigned as the Issue Owner
3) Access and edit issue details by simply clicking on it in the queue.
Relay has intelligent routing to ensure that the right issues are shown to the right users based on their role within the organization. Below are primary org roles that affect the routing of issues in Relay.
Technical Support – Shows you all support issues in the Unclaimed Issue Queue.
Project Manager – Shows you all work orders in the Unclaimed Issue Queue.
Software Specialist – Shows you all trainings in the Unclaimed Issue Queue.
Untagged – Shows you everything in the Unclaimed Issue Queue.
NOTE: All other org roles show the user nothing in the Unclaimed Issue Queue.
1) Go to the Issues Inbox
2) Select the Unclaimed Issues Queue
3) To assign an issue to a user other than yourself click the pencil icon to open the Issue and click the Assign button in the upper-center of the Issue window.
4) Click the eye icon to watch the issue.
5) Click the hand icon to claim the issue and set yourself as the Issue Owner.
6) Click the chat bubbles icon to go to the issue’s chatroom.
7) The merchant will receive an automated message via email and in the Connect app letting them know that their issue has been claimed.
1) When an issue is created via the Connect app or webConnect the merchant is immediately greeted by one of Boomtown’s Concierge Bots which collect information that is used to diagnose and eventually troubleshoot the issue as well as for routing to a specific support team or a specific knowledge bot that is best equipped to resolve the issue.
NOTE: Upon request, a Concierge Bot can be customized and tailored to a partner’s desired specifications. This can even include buttons that mention and route issues to specific teams within an organization.
1) When viewing the details of an Issue in Relay you can click the Show Site History toggle to see all of the issues that have been recorded for that member location.
2) Members can view their own issue history in the Connect app by tapping the Service History button on the Connect home screen.
1) Click the Chat Rooms button to view chat rooms filtered by type.
- Customers – Shows chat rooms from both issues and any user that chat in from provider chat rooms.
- Teams – Shows chat rooms specific to Org Teams that have been set up. Will only show teams you’re a member of and you will be chatting with other members of that team.
- Techs – Shows chat rooms in which technicians, that are a part of your organization, have started chats from the ToolBox app. Allows you to directly communicate with the techs for greater support during on-site jobs.
- Bots – Shows chat rooms that Bots live in.
2) View notifications per chat room type to make sure you stay up to date on relevant activity.
3) You can @ mention a user directly in the chat room to send them a notification. Notifications will show up in the Notifications Tab as show below, sent via email (if the user has email notifications enabled), and as a desktop notification if they’re signed into Relay.
4) You can easily start a video session from within any chat conversation.
Chat File Uploads and Emails
From the chat window you can do the following:
1) Send emails to all participants of a chat room.
2) View the files already attached to a chat room at any time.
3) Upload files to any chat session in Relay to provide better examples and support.
Issue Detail Modal
- To open the Issue Modal (Issue Detail Window) in Relay simply click the pencil icon on an Issue from the Issue List View or Task View.
2) To learn more about the Issue Detail Modal click here.
1) Click the Assign button in the Issue Modal to assign/collaborate issue.
2) You can assign the Issue Owner Team for the Issue. NOTE: If the Issue has an Issue Owner Team but not an Issue Owner User then it will appear in the Unclaimed Issues Queue for all team members of the Issue Owner Team.
3) Assign an Issue Owner User. They must be a team member of the assigned Issue Owner Team.
4) Add teams that you want to be able to collaborate and monitor the Issue without having assigned ownership.
5) After adding a Collaborating Team assign any users from that team that you want to collaborate on the Issue. NOTE: Only adding a Collaborating Team will not do anything. You must add a Collaborating User from that team.
Move Issues Between Customers
1) Open an existing issue.
2) Click Assign
3) Change Customer Information and hit save
4) All the information on the homepage of the Issue modal will be updated with the selected Customer’s information. This includes Site History, Map, Team Associations etc.
Note: The customer information on an Issue can only be changed in the Remote, Preparing and Scheduling statuses.
1) Clicking the Resolve button in the Issue Modal will begin the Issue resolution process.
2) The Resolution, Job Status, Job Start, and Job Completed field will auto-populate based on what the technician inputted in the ToolBox app during the job but these values can be overriden when resolving an issue in Relay if needed.
3) Set the Closed Out radio button to yes to set the status of the Issue to pending closed.
4) The Customer Accepted value will automatically set to Yes once the member goes through the acceptance process in either the Connect app for remote support or the ToolBox app for on-site jobs.
Close Out Issues
1) Click the Close Out button from the Issue Modal to begin closing out an Issue.
2) The Resolution, Job Status, Job Start, and Job Completed fields will auto-populate based on what the technician inputted in the ToolBox app but can be overridden in the Resolve or Close Out sections of an Issue in Relay.
3) The NPS and Tech rating auto-populate based on what the member/merchant entered in the Connect app but can be overridden here if needed.
4) The PM Tech rating allows the Project Manager to award the technician a star or no star based on their performance during the job.
1) The Team Inbox is where all of the inbound SMS and Facebook messages will end up. Members of the organization can respond directly to the messages received from either of these communication channels directly from this chat inbox. The user that originally messaged via SMS or Facebook will receive the response in the same format.
2) You can also easily mark an incoming message as a wrong number via the Wrong Number button or quickly create an issue when appropriate by clicking the Create Issue button.
Adding/Creating New Issues
To learn how to add/create new issues in Relay click here.