What is SMS Integration?
SMS integration allows your support Teams to communicate with merchants via SMS. You may also add Bots to the SMS channel.
How do I set up SMS Integration?
- Go to Organizations → Teams on the left navigation panel.
- Search for your Team and double click or click on to edit it.
- Go to (Integrations) on the left navigation bar of the Org Teams modal.
- Select to add a new Integration.
- Fill out the Integration Setup fields as shown below. The Direct Inward Dialing Number is the number merchants will text to reach your Team. NOTE: If you do not have an SMS number, contact your Boomtown Account Manager to acquire one.
- Optional: If you have a short code number for your Team, toggle on “Use Short Code”. Then input the “Direct Inward Dialing Shortcode”.
- Hit Save.
- Go through the following fields:
- Auto Create Issues: check the box so that an Issue will be automatically created in Relay when the merchant texts in.
- Issue Type: select the categorization type of the SMS Issues in Relay.
- Owner Team: select the support Team that will respond to texts sent to the Direct Inward Dialing Number or Short Code.
- New Customer Greeting: type the message a customer will receive if they text from a number not yet listed in the Relay system.
- Sample message: “Welcome Valued Merchant! Your account is now active! Visit your online portal for all your account details. For support, please text this number 24/7!”
- ID: (auto-populated).
Your SMS Integration is now set up. You will see it as Enabled and Ready in your Team’s list of Integrations.