How do I manually add a new Issue for an existing Customer?
NOTE: an existing Customer is a Customer that has already been added to Relay. To learn how to add a Customer, click here.
- Go to Issues → Add on the left navigation panel. The Add Issue modal will be set to Existing Customer.
- Begin typing the Customer name, then select the correct name from the dropdown.
- Select the Customer Location and Customer User from the dropdown. NOTE: For Customers with only one Location/Customer User, Relay will autofill required fields based on the Customer’s name.
- (optional) Select the Customer Device that is having the Issue. If your device is not in the Customer Device drop-down, click on to add it.
- Set the Issue Type.
- Click Create. You will then be automatically redirected to the Issue modal. You can also access your new Issue by going to Issues → List and double clicking on it or clicking the (Pencil) icon.
NOTE: You may also manually add an Issue for an existing Customer by going to Customers → Profiles or Customers → Locations. Open the Customer Profile or Location and click on + (Create Issue) in the upper-right corner of the Customer modal. Then fill out the Add Issue fields as described above.
How do I manually add an Issue for a new Customer?
NOTE: a new Customer is a Customer that does not have a record in Relay. Instead of following the instructions below, you may also first create the Customer record (following the instructions here), and follow the instructions above.
- Go to Issues → Add on the left navigation panel.
- Click on New Customer at the top of the Add Issue modal.
- Fill out the required (marked with *) Customer information fields.
- NOTE: make sure to scroll down to select the new Customer’s Team Associations. These are all the Teams that will be interacting with the Customer. Together, these associations create the ecosystem for the Customer that includes all the different Organizations that are affiliated with a Customer’s business.
- Scroll down to Issue Details and fill the following fields:
- Sponsor Team: select the Team that provided the technology the Customer is having an Issue with.
- Owner Team: select the Team that will work on the merchant’s Issue.
- Owner User: (optional) select the support agent on the Owner Team that will be assigned to work on the Issue.
- Issue Type: (optional) select the general type of the merchant’s Issue.
- Issue Categories: select one or more detailed category descriptions of the merchant’s Issue.
- Issue Checklist: (optional) select the checklist that pertains to the issue you are submitting.
- Click Submit Customer & Go to Next Step. Scroll down to see new additional fields with details for the Customer Checklist.
- Fill out the Customer Checklist.
- Click Submit. You will then be automatically redirected to the Issue modal. You can also access your new Issue by going to Issues → List and double clicking on it or clicking the (Pencil) icon.