How do I escalate an Issue?
In Relay, you can escalate Issues internally or to other Organizations to bring attention to a specific Issue and make sure it gets to the right Teams. Relay makes it easy to escalate Issues for tracking and oversight, and notifying the right Teams or individuals that need to be involved.
- In the Issue modal, click or go to and select Escalate from the dropdown.
- (optional) Fill out the following fields. NOTE: these fields are optional because you do not need to reassign the Issue to a specific Team and/or person to escalate it. Leaving the optional fields blank will simply highlight the Issue in the Issues List.
- Escalation Team: select the Team you’re escalating the Issue to from the dropdown.
- Owner User: select the support agent assigned to the escalated Issue from the dropdown. Selecting a new Owner User will reassign the Issue to that User.
- Reason for Escalation: select the appropriate Tag(s) from the dropdown.Tags are used in reporting to track the most common reasons for escalations and help you improve operations in the future. If the right Tag is not available, click on Edit Reasons to add or edit a Tag. Click on Hide Reasons any time to exit the Tags modal.
- Edit Reasons: in the Tags modal, select. Choose Escalation Reason as the Tag Category and name your Tag in the Tag field. Hit Save or Save & Exit. Your Tag will now be available in the Reason for Escalation dropdown. NOTE: you can also add a new Tag by going to System → Tags and selecting .
- Escalation Notes: include any relevant notes about the escalation. You can find these notes in the Issue Log.
- (optional) Select notification channels for collaborators and Customers:
- Email Collaborators: check if you would like an email alert to be sent about the Issue escalation to your collaborators. They will receive an Issue Escalated email with the Issue Reference ID and status (learn more about Issue statuses here).
- Send Collaborators Relay Notification: check if you would like your collaborators to receive a push notification in Relay.
- Email Customer: check if you would like your Customer to receive an email notification. An Email to Customer field will appear below.
- Email to Customer: type and format the email the Customer will receive about the Issue escalation. To learn more about formatting text in Relay, click here.
- Send Customer Connect Notification: check if you would like the Customer to receive a push notification about the escalation through the Connect mobile app.
- Hit Save. Your Issue will now be highlighted red in the Issues List to display that it is currently esclated.
How do I de-escalate an Issue?
When an Issue no longer needs to be in an escalated state, you can de-escalate it. NOTE: you may escalate and de-escalate the same Issue multiple times.
- In the Issue modal, click or go to and select De-escalate from the dropdown.
- Hit Save. NOTE: you need to de-escalate an Issue for it to no longer be highlighted red in the Issues List. Simply resolving the Issue will not change its escalation status.